Friday, April 6, 2012

My Favorite Things ♥ JTB & TFS


Each week I listen to the Joy the Baker podcast (find it over at homefries.com) on my way to work and it gets me ready for my day.  They asked listeners to post pictures of their 5 favorite things, and here is my contribution!

Swinging - Like a kid, not a sexual deviant!  Years ago my dad salvaged some old playground equipment and set up my own personal playspace in my back yard.  It's still my happy place.

Parasols - Cute, girliness.  The absolute epitome of spring.  

The Beach - My other happy place.  How people live in middle-America is beyond me.  Probably has something to do with the cheaper cost of living...

Mamba - When I was a kid Mamba were my candy of choice.  Just recently they've started making Sour Mamba, and my world has been rocked.  They can be hard to find, but are totally worth the effort.

StumbleUpon - Just in case you're tired of wasting hours on Facebook.  StumbleUpon is an extension for your internet browser that allows you to discover new things that fit your interests.  I discovered StumbleUpon in college thanks to a boyfriend's roommate.  To date I've stumbled over 31,000 times!  (thanks for keeping track StumbleUpon)  I have found so many great websites using it though, including Joy the Baker!  One evening I stumbled to her How To Impress a Boy by Baking post and have been following her ever since.  A lot of people say Pinterest does kind of the same thing, but StumbleUpon is the original, and the social aspect is optional, which is right up my alley.

Some things that came close to making the list:
Geocaching - A fun and addicting way to get outside, and the boys love it!  www.geocaching.com
Burts Bee's Peppermint Lip Balm -  I love peppermint scented everything.
Twirly Hugs - You know those hugs where you get lifted up and spun in circles?
Tiger Butter - The perfect summer dessert because it doesn't require turning on the stove.  The easiest fudge to make ever, because you never run the gamble of it not firming up.  Plus, it requires 3 ingredients and minimal measuring.  1 bag chocolate chips, 1 bag white chocolate chips, 1 cup peanut butter.  Melt chocolate,  pour in half a 9x9 dish.  Melt white chocolate, stir in peanut butter and pour in other half of same dish.  Mix the 2 together to get swirls and let harden 1 hour.

4 comments:

  1. I love the beach! Totally a happy place for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait for full on beach weather this year! It's so close!

      Delete
  2. Love your list- the beach is my solace. I could listen to the water all day long.

    ReplyDelete